|Acceptable masters (in order of preference): DAT, CD, CDR, 1/4" reel to reel, audio cassette. All masters must be proofed and ready for mastering when submitted for replication. We cannot be responsible for clicks, dropouts, static or mutes which may be on the master when received.
1. Quantity you need. All duplication orders (CDs and tapes) are subject to + or - 10%.
2. Length: take the longest side and multiply that by two.
Example: side 1=23:22
Order 47:00 min.
3. Type of tape. Voice Grade Normal Bias - suitable for spoken word programs with background or incidental music. Music Grade Normal Bias - suitable for music programs but not quite as good as cobalt. Use when you are budget conscious. Cobalt High Bias - suitable for all music duplication.
4. Shell color (select from chart) Note: White and opaque color shells are manufactured with a more flexible plastic than clear and translucent shells. White/opaque shells are less susceptible to breakage but flex which may cause tolerance drift. Sonic welding of these shells reduces flexing. Clear and translucent are more fragile but offer the best specifications and highest fidelity. Sonic welding almost completely eliminates warping and flexing of shell.
5. Cases (trade name Norelco's) available in clear or black/clear. Poly boxes are also available.
6. Labeling. Paper labels are most economical for runs up to 1,000. Select paper color from chart. Prices include typesetting, printing and application to shell with duplication order. We also print directly on the shell. Prices are as follows: min. 500 pc. order - $0.02 ea. side (2 sided cassette = $0.04) There is a plate charge that includes type setting, film positive and plate at $25.00 per side. Note: Typesetting must be approved for any job before we can continue. A fax is the fastest way to communicate with you for approvals.
7. Shrink wrap is free with a complete package: ie. duplication, cases and J-cards purchased from Kloss Studios.
8. J-cards are very complex to order. Please call us for information.
Preparing CD Masters
A. Always use CD-Recordable (CD-R) non-rewritable discs for your CD-R masters. Not all CD-ROM readers can read rewritable (CD-RW) discs.
B. CD-ROM masters must be recorded at 1X burn speed as a single session.
C. Packet writing must not be used to produce a CD-R master. Packet writing writes data to a CD a few files at a time, which creates discontinuities in the data which creates a disc image unsuitable for manufacturing.
D. 44.1 DAT (48 kHz may have a conversion charge of $50.00) or CDR Disc.
E. DAT should have 1 minute digital dead time up front and 3-5 seconds between each song. Bonus or hidden tracks should be noted. Absolute time codes (ABS) must be on the tape with a paper printout of codes.
If ABS codes are not available, a $50.00 charge applies. The absolute maximum amount of time for a CD is 74 minutes.
All CDR masters submitted for CDR or cassette duplication must include documentation including certification of burn speed and one session burn. If documentation is not provided prior to production, Kloss Studios is not responsible for mistakes, errors, noises, skips or any unfavorable outcome of the duplication process.
Toll Free: 800-575-5077 Local (in PA): 215-885-1203215-885-1203